Project Name: Perris Dam Seismic Remediation Project
Location: Perris, CA
Owner: California Department of Water Resources
Prime/General Contractor: Pulice Construction
Construction Sector: Infrastructure- Dams
Ground Improvement: Deep Soil Mixing (DSM)
- A total of 72 cells including Shallow cells and Deep cells were installed along the dam toe of 4100 feet long.
- Each cell was approximately 55 feet by 120 feet with 5 to 7 transverse CDSM walls and 3 longitudinal CDSM walls, as shown in the picture below.
- In total 320,000 CY of the ground was improved by CDSM, which was about 42% area replacement ratio.
- The installation patterns of the CDSM elements were Primary – Primary- Secondary.
- A Foundation study by the Department of Water Resources California (2005) indicated the sandy layers in the dam foundation as liquefiable.
- Cement Deep Soil Mixing (CDSM) in a cellular pattern was designed to maintain seismic stability.