Project Name: Puerto Moin Container Terminal Project
Location: Puerto Moin, Costa Rica
Owner Name: APM Terminals Moin S.A.
Prime/General Contractor: Van Oord-Bam Lta
Construction Sector: Infrastructure- Container Terminal
Ground Improvement: Deep Soil Mixing (DSM)
- DSM installed along 2,000 feet of the embankment slope and wharf at Container Terminal site.
- A total of 100,000 CY of the ground was improved by deep soil mixing in a grid pattern.
- The maximum depth of the DSM elements was about 70 feet.
- Wharf slope stabilization
- To treat the dredged soils at the wharf’s slope to increase the shear strength
Generalized Sub-Surface Profile
0 to 20 m
20 to 40 m
40 to 60 m
Lean clay w/sand
32% ~ 54%
18% ~ 50 %